Our Fellow Journeyers

Thursday 16 January 2014

Vintage / Distressed / Shabby Chic challenge and Winner!

Hiya Peeps!

We hope you all celebrated a Merry Christmas!  And a Happy New Year to you all!!


Design Team Call

To all who entered our Design Team Call.

Thank you for entering!  All who entered deserves a spot on our team.  Your creations are simply beautiful.  Unfortunately, we only had 4 openings.  The new members have been contacted and the positions are now filled.


Our winner from our It's Christmas Time Challenge!



# 106 Rhonda Miller  

Congratulations Rhonda!  You have won a $20 Gift Certificate to The Paper Shelter Digi Shop!

Please contact us within 2 weeks to claim your prize.  See sidebar for our contact details!

Here is Rhonda's beautiful card:





Now onto our very first challenge for the year:

Our theme for this challenge is..


VINTAGE / DISTRESSED / SHABBY CHIC

We have 2 fabulous sponsors for this challenge!




Here is a little about Margy, the shop owner:

My name is Margy (Margaret). I am a Christian, widow, mom to 3 beautiful daughters, and granny to 5 absolutely delightful, grandchildren. I was born in the UK in a small town called Tunstall, one of the 5 “pottery” towns in Staffordshire. My parents emigrated to South Africa when I was 2 years old, and I have been here ever since. 


I grew up on a farm just outside of Johannesburg, where I spent more time ‘outside’ than I did in the house. Because of the distance of the farm to the nearest city, I was unable to attend any formal art classes, but can vividly remember always wanting to be able to draw like my dad.
  
I am an avid crafter and have probably tried every new craft that has hit the SA scene! My other hobbies are oil painting, genealogy (already traced family lines back to the 1600’s), scrapbooking, restoring wooden furniture, mosaic, card making and digistamp designing. I took over ownership of Digistamps4Joy in 2010 and now spend a lot of my time drawing and preparing the digis for theshop. So, now that you know a little more about me, I hope you enjoy our digis and we would love to see what you have done with them! 


Margy's personal blog: Denique crafts

They are offering the winner a $10 to their wonderful online store!  That's a whopper of a prize!

Joining us from Digi Stamps 4 Joy is Antoinette:


I am a Frugal, Shabby Chic Granny who loves to enjoy the beauty of life and creation. My bumpy adventures are growing into God's wisdom and using them into my love for making cards as a creative artisan.

Our second awesome sponsor is:



A little something about Digital Delights:



Welcome to your one stop shop for all your digital stamps, paper piecing and digital products which are instantly downloadable. We also have a wide range of digital papers and cut files for all your crafting projects. Our low prices reflect our belief that crafting should not only be fun but affordable too!!
Other services include custom blog design and custom watermarks. Why wait for snail mail? Start creating with our instant downloads today.
Have a fun shopping experience and a fabulous day!

They are offering the winner a $5 Gift Certificate to use in their online store! 

This is what the Design Team Came up with:













Quick recap of the rules:

No Backlinking
You may combine as many other challenges as you choose
No more than 3 entries
A direct link to your post
Only paper crafts allowed
We reserve the right to delete any entries that do not follow these rules 
.
Come see our post next week to meet our new Designers!

Now it is your turn to dazzle us with those amazing projects of yours!











9 comments:

  1. Thank you for another challenge - have a wonderful day - congrats to the new DT too - and thanks for the inspiration - enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful challenge and the beautiful DT work for added inspiration! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girls hope you are all well great inspiration as always
    Jacki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inspirations. Thank you.
    Hugs from Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done all new DT members! Thank you for showing us your cards and thank you for this challenge!!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh can I just add that my card is of the Victorian era but if you do not class this within your theme please feel free to eliminate my entry, I do understand.

      Sue Pxxx again.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful DT creations! Thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely commments